Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 8: Hang on to your dreams.

A: "I have a dream."
B: "What is your dream?"
A: "To have a dream!"

...So I hope you all have some bigger dream than just dreaming about having one. Dreaming is something we all do, some more, some less. Honestly, I dream a lot. I like to visualise how things could be and what could happen. I don't think it's a bad thing. It's actually pretty entertaining when you're bored. I've done it since I was little because back then I couldn't fall asleep. Then I built a house in my head and started to live in it and "played" in this home until I fell asleep... And continued the next day. Pretty funny.

These days I don't live in illusional houses anymore. I'm more daydreaming about projects I wanna do or wonder how I could live my life better. However, I've noticed that there are a lot of dreams that I should keep to myself. People often misunderstand the difference between DREAMS and GOALS and may start thinking that you just give empty promises, just talk talk talk and in the end do nothing. Dreams are not goals. DREAMS can be anything. They don't have to have a timeline or even really be achievable. They're sometimes not realistic either, like a fantasy. GOALS are Specific, Measurable, Achievable , Realistic, Timely.

And lastly, I think once you have a dream, it means that unconsciously you're already working on it. It's because deep in your heart it's something you really wish for. So even if your dream seems to be unachievable now, don't kick it out of your head. Stick to it. The bigger the dream, the harder you work. So keep dreaming!

***

Last summer I was shooting a skate tour. It took place in different skateparks across Switzerland and the aim was to coach little skaters and find the future talents. It was really awesome to work with kids! So much positivity and happy emotions. I got to shoot St. Gallen stop and the finals in Zürich...

H
Hang on to your dreams.

Tour de Talent @freestyle.ch
Summer/Autumn 2014
St Gallen/Zürich

Domenic Hänni
Jonny Giger
Jimmy van Genabith
Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Day 11: Keep doing no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.

It's 2017. Weird. It's already 5 years since I started with this blog and this year I'll turn 25 so the numbers are looking good...