Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 4: Don't give up and don't give in.

This time I'm gonna write a small story about my little sister so if you're interested to read it, then feel free to do it, otherwise just scroll the photos.

***

"Don't give up" means "Keep trying" 
"Don't give in" means make up your own mind, don't let someone or something pressure you.

As a little kid you think you know exactly how it is to grow up and when you get older you do everything differently than your parents. However, seeing someone else growing up, is totally different thing. It makes you to recognise the path you've already walked and makes you understand the life cycle better.

I have a little sister called Anna. I was 10 when she was born so it has been pretty interesting to see a little person growing up. Sometimes I find young me in her but the other time I think she's from another family or something. :D Anyway, she's hyperactive and very inpatient. Can't say she doesn't know what she wants, she's just dissatisfied if this what she gets isn't what she wants. Funny thing is with Anna and sports. She's very active and by the end of the last year she had tried out swimming, dancing, ballet, athletics and football. Perhaps something more but I know for sure that for every new sports there was a new bag of equipment bought. Poor parents!

Last November I was in Estonia and told my sister about gymnastics. I said it's cool (because i did it), showed some videos and she got interested in it. We found a club for her to join and since then she has been committed on this field. I'm pretty happy to see that her bouncing came to an end. She didn't give up to find something what she really likes to do and she also didn't give in the pressure from others to stop switching classes.


I think here you can draw a parallel with any other passion - don't hesitate to take your time to find it, no matter what others are telling you. And once you do find Your Thing, don't get stuck in your comfort zone - keep pushing it. There's always room for progress.

***
Don't give up and don't give in.

Anna after her performance
iPad is the best coach?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Day 11: Keep doing no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.

It's 2017. Weird. It's already 5 years since I started with this blog and this year I'll turn 25 so the numbers are looking good...