Monday, April 2, 2012

BEO: Mens' slopestyle

Burton European Open was postponed this year and took place in February/March instead of January. Last year snow conditions were really bad already in January but this year they had lots of snow for building the parks and pipe. Also the weather was really nice all week... I managed to get off some days from work to see the finals and take some photos. Last year, when I was able to snowboard, I pretty much didn't watch the contest because I was so excited about Laax hills... Last year was my first time in Laax, I won a trip here. I'd say it was a life changing event because now I'm actually living here. Who's interested and wants to see/read what I did last year then here's the link of my old blog:
It's pretty funny to read what was in my head a year ago, so much have happened since then, crazy.

Alright, moving back to this year...
This year they changed the location of park... Ils Plauns instead of Plaun. Why?

"How did you approach the slopestyle course this year? It's a totally different layout and in a different spot than last year.
I mean the idea was basically we wanna make the jumps better, and the kickers, get them safer and better — the other area was a bit in the shadow, which was hard, and the jumps we couldn't move around like we really wanted to because of the earth in that area, we needed to bring too much snow to get the jumps the way we really wanted them to be.
We changed the location to where we were free to build what we want where we want."

Full interview with the resort's Freestyle park designer and manager Roger Heid. 
My favorite pole on the mountain... at Cafe NoName.
Alright, and the results of the Mens' Slopestyle finals:

1. Aleksander Ostreng (NOR)
2. Roope Tonteri (FIN)
3. Peetu Piiroinen (FIN)

... and videos of winning runs.


***
This year I spotted many other riders who didn't compete but came here to Laax just to chill and shred. Russian rider Denis Leontyev was one of them and he also made a cool edit of his trip here...



One more... with Laax park shapers:


... and also Frends crew from USA was here:


Lot's of fun, serious fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Day 11: Keep doing no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.

It's 2017. Weird. It's already 5 years since I started with this blog and this year I'll turn 25 so the numbers are looking good...