Monday, January 30, 2012

Bluebird days

I really love taking photos but my camera is so heavy than I can't be bothered to carry it up every time I go to work. However, I've done it a couple of time so here are the results:
Crap Sogn Gion
That's almost like my dog, but the local one... 
Kapp, miss him!
And oh those bluebird days! On these days I refuse to look out of the window when I have to work because I wanna be the one who's chilling outside...
Some photos from the morning "party" gondola. Party because Sebastian always takes out his tiny speakers and listens to his hangover tunes in the (Calanda) gondola.
Real jibers board.. hint: woods.
Plaun - our daily royal carpet.

Speaking about the Plaun slope then I'd say that it's the best and the worst piste! Sometimes it's perfectly shaped but there have been mornings when powder is so deep that you get stuck. Last Monday was really extreme weather and even Crap Sogn Sion lift station was closed (it hardly ever happens). Anyway, we still had to go down so we were guided by SOS guy. Powder on Plaun was the best but it was kinda funny when the SOS guy crashed in front of us, on skis. You never expect that, do you!?




Also bluebird days can be the best and the worse  - snow is good but when you have a day off and wanna go riding then there are long queues at the lift stations. Good weather means lot of work, busy days... like that:
And when it's not so busy in the restaurant then Reelika works like that:
Luckily those "everyday-i'm-shoveling" days are over. This was the Final Level:
Anyway, work is cool. Wish I got more days off though. Unfortunately the busiest times are coming so no chance that I can shred more than work. Sad. Here is winter the same as summer in my hometown, which is a resort too. So 15 000 people on the mountain is pretty much the same as 15 000 people on the beach...
Pärnu
And when weather is bad then everyone goes home, pretty logical. No sun, no fun.

Pigeon John - "The Bomb" Quannum Projects

***
I've wanted to post this video for a long time. That's little skier Kelly Sildaru, from Estonia. I'm really proud of her what she's able to do. Just so sick! She's 9 but already has been in a couple of ski movies. Even a guy here in the ski shop knew about her, wow. Looky:
Kelly was in Laax with her little brother Henry in last December. Unfortunately, weather was bad so Vorab glacier park was closed and there was no snow down on the hills. They spent most of the time in Freestyle Academty. Yup, not the greatest trip.

And more Estonian stuff. This year Estonia got it's snow pretty late so this is the winter-warm-up video by PiuPau:
And the final news is that if last year Technine MFM team was shooting in Estonia then this year there's Isenseven coming! Pretty cool because my homecountry is completely flat, like that...
... so guys, what are you doing there?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Day 11: Keep doing no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.

It's 2017. Weird. It's already 5 years since I started with this blog and this year I'll turn 25 so the numbers are looking good...