Monday, December 5, 2011

Nov 29th - Dec 5th

Hello everyone! Decided to create one extra blog for my season 2011/12 in Laax.
I and my 3 other Estonian friends arrived in Switzerland on 29th of November. Reelika and Maarja were in Laax last winter as well so it was quite easy to travel there from Zurich. We had so much stuff to carry, crazy! I had like 60kg of luggage. Heavy.


We start working on 20th of December but we came here to snowboard for 3 weeks on Vorab glacier. Apparently, it's closed because of the wind... which is over 60km/h. Too bad, too bad. Hopefully we can still go up this week.


This is the view from my room. That's Rocksresort which is amazing. Really nice apartments, stayed there in January.


There wasn't any snow in the village when we arrived. Today is 5th of Dec and finally it started to snow! Yay! Anyway, we've been trying to find alternatives to kill our time. Sometimes we walk to Flims to buy food and it takes about 2,5h to go there and come back. We like walking, yes we do! I also went longboarding one day, then swimming, running, hiking, chilling.
Here are some photos of Flims:
 There are so many Mini Coopers in this country, insane.


One night I went shooting in Rocksresort. It looks really cute at night:
They have some really "cool" shops for fashionistas. I just can't imagine anyone wearing these, sorry.



Another walk to Flims...
Had to open a Swiss bank account. Funny, but here you can do it at a post office. Also, in Switzerland you have to get used to lunch breaks, which are like 1-2 hours. They close even food stores! You never see anything like that in Estonia.
This is Crap Sogn Gion which should be super snowy by now. In front of that building is Europe's best halfpipe. Looks good in that photo, yep.

Mountains, mountains, mountains... Never get enough of watching them. I'm from flatland so i just adore those peaks.


That's a screenshot of LAAX webcam.. It's taken on 4th and there should be even more snow on Vorab glacier.


Yesterday I and Michaela walked to Falera and back. It wasn't a long journey, only 3 hours.
That's Laax.
Walking and hiking is a big thing here. Haven't seen any fat people yet.


Christmas market in Rocksresort:


Oh, glacier is not opened but there was already glacier season opening party at Riders Palace. It was a sick party, as you can see:


This morning I woke up and boom, snowy peaks!
That's Reelika, my roommate. 


Mum asked what do I eat here. Well, here's the answer:
Lunch.
Dinner.
And a lot of tea!


I even have my kendama. My mission is to beat my friend Raido when I get back to Estonia.

And this is Laax just now, slushy. On right you can see Freestyle Academy which is an indoor hall where you can ride on snowflex, jump on trampolines, skate, climb a wall... Going there soon, it's a sick place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Day 11: Keep doing no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.

It's 2017. Weird. It's already 5 years since I started with this blog and this year I'll turn 25 so the numbers are looking good...